- Place the meat,fat side down,in a heavy pot.
- Add all the ingredients except the potatoes and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 2 hours,until the meat is tender and the liquid has almost boiled away.
- Allow the meat to brown and turn often.
- Add some water and allow to boil.
- Turn the meat until dark and tender.
- Add more water,then potatoes,allow to boil.
- Once they are soft remove from heat and serve.
aitchbone pot roast
1 hour 30 minutes
- Garlic crushed, 2 cloves
- Bay leaves, 2 leaves
- Pepper, Salt, 2 pinches
- Black Pepper, 2 dashes
- Cooked diced potatoes, 6 pieces
- Aitchbone, 1 kilogram